Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Might We Come Together Sharing Our Gifts?




Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? Author Cali Harris

Community – derived from the Old French, derived from the Latin cum =with/ together + munus = gift

Day 7 and the prompt knocked me to the floor. How could I respond? Had I abandoned my community or had they abandoned me? Do I truly feel that I have a sense of community here where I live? Do two folk constitute a community? I have wolf and crow energy, they are incredibly community oriented animals~ yet there is often the lone one; is that me? I struggle with the desire to be part of, belong to a pack; yet why does it feel so painful? What part of being in a pack in childhood (family of 5 littler mates); moved into my story? Making me a little stand-offish, “wary” might be the better word.

When I moved to Maine from a tiny community in Colorado; I felt indeed that I had abandoned a community that had held me, helped raise my child, loved me and boxed me in. I needed out of the box ~ I was growing in ways that at the time; I felt the community wasn’t able to take in. We were no longer able to support each other. I jumped hard, and flew out of the box. Here I am Maine, love me as I am! Do they? Do I?

Some almost 20 years later, I am no longer sure. I do not know about 2010- it has become at the moment, difficult, painful while being full of love from those who K N O W me. I will come out on the other end of this process ~ oh, right I am heading into my second Saturn return ~ this could be fun, full of possibility along with the Lunar eclipse, coming soon to a neighborhood near you!

Yes, I do have bit of community, community that I foster, a new one recently that I have fallen into and they are indeed a gift. It will take intention to keep these small pockets of community working together. What will I bring to the table? What are my gifts? What part of what I do have isn’t working? What is required to help and guide community in a healthy way?

I want to create community in which the Wisdom of Being a Wild Women/ Man is nurtured, come play with me, dance and sing with me about Life. How are you choosing to change and break old patterns. Share with me great Joy and your great Sorrow. Share with me your anger, it too takes us toward healing. What of the shame we carry? Not enough~
too much! Come share with me as we move toward who we wish to Become. Bringing our gifts as, Artist, Wild Lovers of Life, Quiet Dancers doing work of the everyday ordinary, extraordinary! Come play with me!. Be part of this community with me.

Indeed there will be more to come on this prompt – I’m just now off the floor. Blessings for the prompt!



photo meeting together at dusk before heading to the roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers